In this post, we will discuss how to change the Tp-Link router and repeater password. Before we start discussing how to change the Tp-Link router and repeater password, we need to tell you something really important. Make sure you change the password only when you forget it or you are not able to get inside your router or repeater. Let’s start this post without any further ado.
192.168.1.1 password change
In case, you want to change the password of your Tp-Link wifi router or repeater in order to make it more secured and safe, you just need to first log into the device and then proceed with the steps.
- Pull up an internet browser on your computer or laptop. Instructions are the same for both MAC and Window operating systems.
- Enter the default address of your wifi router or repeater i.e. tplinkwifi.net or 192.168.1.1 into the address field.
- You will see the Tp link login page on your screen asking for login credentials i.e. username and password.
- Enter login credentials i.e. username as admin and password as admin too. If you are not able to sign into the device, leave the password field blank.
- Click Submit or hit Enter, and you will see the Tp-Link setup wizard on your screen.
- If you are unable to see the Tp-Link setup page, it means you have not followed instructions properly.
- Make sure you have entered the admin credentials appropriately. 192.168.0.1 Password change – steps Once you are into the Tp-Link wifi router system, look for the Maintenance section on the left side.
- Click the option and you will be taken to the Maintenance window of your Tp-Link wifi router.
- Look for the Password change option and click it.
- Now enter the new password for the admin part of your device.
- Once you enter the new admin password, click Apply so that the new settings take place on your device.
Forgot wifi router password
If you have forgotten the wireless router password of your device, don’t worry, you can reset it and get it back to factory default password. Follow the instructions given below to reset the Tp-Link wifi router password.1. Press and hold the reset button with the help of a sharp object.
2. Hold it for approx. 10 seconds.
3. Once you see all the lights flashing on your device, release the button.
4. Now wait while your router or repeater gets back to factory default settings.
5. Now you will be able to log into the device using the default password.
So this was all about the Tp-Link wifi router or repeater password change process. We hope you learned how to hange the Tp-Link router and repeater password. In case, you see any issue coming up on your device, contact us or chat with us.